Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Long Distance Powerlessness 7-28-13

Vancouver, British Columbia

For several months my part of the world has been experiencing torrential rains of nearly Noahadic proportions. Weather records with the Army Corps of Engineers three weeks ago indicated rainfall in my part of South Carolina is running 600% above average. This reality became ominous to me in that the foundations of my house were beginning to leak and this only became apparent the day I left for a long journey of nearly a month’s duration. A bit of relief came for me when my neighbors said they would pay close attention and give me a call if anything untoward was to happen.

A couple weeks ago a stray cell phone signal allowed a text message to get through indicating all was in order with my house, thus far. For two weeks I’ve been able to be present to my present circumstances in Alaska and British Columbia

Blessings,

Craig C. Johnson

No comments: